Sunday, February 22, 2015

So Latke-Like

Where has the time gone? I haven't blogged since summer! This is not acceptable! So, I'm back.. and with a double posting on a beautiful Sunday!!

I woke up this morning and was out of sorts. No real reason, really, just not feeling my chipper self. Cooking something was the answer and for whatever reason, I wanted bacon and latkes. These two would never be traditionally served together- I get that so let it go. Please.

After reading a few recipes for traditional latkes, I did what I do best and just winged it.  Started with peeling and shredding three potatoes:



I shredded in half an onion, then put the combined mixture into a sieve to drain. Took out some aggression by hand squeezing as well. Try to get as much moisture out as possible before adding in an egg, salt, pepper and about a tablespoon of AP flour:

Mmmm.  Now its time fry. 

Notice something odd here? TWO of the potato patties are in oil- the third is just hanging out in a dry pan!! This is my horrific dilemma- my stove top is WARPED!!! Its a masterful of tip the pan to get these bad boys done.. I digress.. sorry.


TADA!

Finished up and it was eaten up!! Happy Sunday! Baking bacon coming next....



No comments:

Post a Comment