Monday, June 23, 2014

Ziti, Oh, you crazy Ziti!

Anyone who knows me knows I love pasta. Stuffed manicotti, lasagna, marinara, spaghetti.. it all sings to me.

Tonight, I made a Soprano worth dish of Baked Ziti. I cannot claim the recipe as my own as my own ziti is only red sauce based. This recipe came from the great folks at Barilla Pasta, one of the best pasta makers around.

It starts out by making a bechamel sauce which, for some, may sound tricky. Bechamel is not hard but it does take babysitting.  In its simplest form, it is melted butter that has flour added to it and whisked constantly until the flour light browns.  Boiled milk is added in a cup at a time and gently whisked until a sauce is formed. From there,  cheeses and spices are added to make an unbelievable cheese sauce of which there is no comparison.

The recipe follows and the end result was delicious.  Thank you to the great folks at #Barilla for letting me be part of their campaign this June!


#Allstars- recipe to follow..
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Ziti-with-Cheese

Happy Eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment